Monday 23 March 2015

6 Days in July


All being well this is how I'll be spending the first week in July, and I don't even drink so I can't use that as an excuse!! ;-)

On my trusty Raleigh I will attempt to cycle solo in the region of 805km, or 500 miles in old money over 5/6 days on the road, round Northern Ireland and Donegal for the Children's Heartbeat Trust​, a Northern Ireland charity that provides emotional and practical support to families with children and young people born with heart disease. 

There's no point pretending the cycle will be easy, far from it, and I'll be monitored throughout. 

As someone who underwent open heart surgery in September 2012, I can fully appreciate the impact it can have on not just the patient but also their family, however I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to have a child in a similar situation. 

 

So peeps, if you have any spare pennies going I would greatly appreciate it if you could pop over to my fundraising page http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/OneManAndHisBike and please make a wee donation, with proceeds going to this fantastic charity.

From the bottom of my heart (no pun intended), I sincerely appreciate all your donations and support.

If anyone prefers to sponsor me with good old fashion cash in hand for example, or help in any way, I can be contacted on 07780376185 or email: sjmckeown@mail.com

You can follow my cycling travels and preparation here on my 'One Man and his Bike' blog where I will also post further updates on the bike ride, and I'm also floating about on facebook and twitter.

Thank-you one and all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment