Saturday 28 June 2014

Not Quite An Antique.

'The Raleigh' Does The Antiques Roadshow
Tiddling through Hillsborough the other day on The Raleigh, out of the corner of my good eye I spotted a crowd of peeps carrying all manner of old items into the castle grounds. 

This can possibly mean two things I thought to myself.
1. A cry had gone out for items to be donated to the castle or...
2. There was an antique valuation taking place.

Well of course it was the latter, and in transpired that the BBC Antiques Roadshow, a programme that has provided perfect Sunday evening TV viewing for many a year was in town, or in this case village.

Now my trusty steed might be almost 30 years young, but the old girl is not quite an antique yet.
Alas the same cannot be said of her owner who was valued at the princely sum of 20p, or at a stretch possibly £1 if the wind is blowing the right direction.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment