Wednesday 8 April 2015

Charity Cycle Update



http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=OneManAndHisBike

Hello everyone, 

As readers of my scribblings are aware, in July I will be ahem, cough, wheeze..... 'attempting' to cycle round Northern Ireland with one of the days going through Donegal, (see previous post).

And with a bit of luck things won't be as bad along the way as this poor chap is getting it, although having said that...... ;-) 

It'll be approximately 805km, or for the old school among us 500 miles, and hopefully we'll raise a few pounds in the process for this very worthy charity, the Children's Heartbeat Trust. 

Accompanying me in a support car will be my wife Pamela, nine year old daughter Amy, and my cousin David Bruce who has kindly taken time off work to act as driver. 

Anyway, I would like to ask if anyone would be willing to offer us accommodation, a garden to pitch two tents and perhaps the use of a bathroom/kitchen would even be much appreciated (I promise there will be no wild partying or loud rock music blasting out at night, ok perhaps a spot of classical music) ;-) 

The plan at the minute is to stay at campsites along the way but with my young daughter with us, some home comforts would be more ideal. 

The overnight stops are: 
Wednesday 1st July: Carrickfergus *accommodation kindly offered*
Thursday 2nd July: Limavady *accommodation kindly offered* 
Friday 3rd July: Enniskillen
Saturday 4th July: Ballyclare *accommodation kindly offered*
Sunday 5th July: Newcastle.
 

We can be flexible give or take a few miles, and can tweak the route to suit if anyone can kindly accommodate us near these towns.
I can be contacted at sjmckeown@mail.com 

I will also post the provisional route tomorrow. 

Thank-you for listening. 
Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment